CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 31, 2008

words of wisdom

Don't let the so called experts fool you. Lego's are not all they're cracked up to be. Sure they're educational and provide hours of fun but they're also a PAIN. Trust me when I say this. First of all, the older your kid gets the smaller the lego's get. This is a problem because when you step on them, and you will, it freaking hurts. Also, as the lego's get smaller the sets get bigger. Isaac has graduated to 700-800 piece sets. All the sets somehow, against my wishes, end up in the same box. This is a problem when your kid wants to build a particular model and all the pieces for it are mixed in with a bazillion other itty bitty little pieces. The aforementioned child comes to you and begs for your help in finding all 700 pieces. You resist, telling them that if they hadn't carelessly thrown all the pieces in one stupid box this wouldn't be a problem. Your child begs and promises to do most of the work. Your mommy guilt kicks in and you help. You dump the bazillion lego's out on the floor and start sorting. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. You look up and see your kid smiling. Your bonding over the chore. You feel good about yourself and your child. Then 5 minutes into the task the kid has to use the bathroom or gets thirsty or uses some other lame excuse just to get the heck out of the room. He promises to return shortly. Your suspicious but you keep sorting. Four days later your kid has still not returned and there you sit angrily sorting lego's. When you scream at your kid, like I sorta did, they'll tell you they don't know why you've been sorting lego's for 4 days in the first place. They don't even want to build that ship anymore. Now if you've ever bought my kid lego's we do love them. They are fun and educational. They do provide my kids with hours of enjoyment. I'm sure they'll make a re-appearance soon but as it stands now if I see another lego within the next month I'm going to hurl it at my kids head! If your a mom and you have solved this age old lego dilemna, please share your tips and tricks. My kid refuses to keep them separated as they're so much better when they're all mixed together. I suppose I should be grateful that he thinks outside the box and thinks up his very own unique creations. However, when he does decide to make whats pictured on the box, you can count on the above scenario. Every single time!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous

I have finally made out to the "Blue room" to use the computer!!! Reading your blog made me smile (even though I knew the whole story). Your pages where awesome! Good job.