CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The wrong foot

Well, our week has gotten off on the wrong foot....literally. First of all, do you know how hard it is to get a little girl in an air cast and a 3 year old to a bus stop 4 blocks away when the sidewalks are covered with snow? Well let me tell you it is pretty stinking hard. The snow went up to Ashers thighs, needless to say he did not want to walk through it. Maia is not supposed to get her air cast wet plus I don't really think she needs to take another fall. How am I supposed to keep her cast from getting wet when she can't wear her boots and the snow is up to her knees? Not an easy task!! Why oh why don't people shovel their walks? It was probably pretty comical for all the moms watching from their warm mini-vans. I did a relay of sorts...carry Maia a few feet then go back and get Asher, carry him a few feet then pick Maia up and start the process all over again. We did this for 2 blocks!!! We all fell on our butts a couple of times along the way.


Then all day I had problems with my computer and blog that drove me crazy. I've been setting up a 2nd blog for secret sister purposes and I think it's confusing my computer. I've given it quite the workout today. On a normal day I don't think it would've upset me too much but I was already mad from the nasty morning we had just survived.


L came over to play. He is not evil, just an 8 year old boy with a temper. He was well behaved and polite. However, after talking to his gma it became apparent that these 2 boys are being raised vastly different. She was a nice lady with a lot on her shoulders, but I think our values our very different. She spoke of porn, bad language and several other things that just would not fly in our home. I know boys will be boys,(her words) but we have a certain expectation of our kids. I'm not saying they will never do anything to disappoint us, but they will know without a doubt where we stand on all issues. They will have our guidance and we will stand our ground. We don't subscribe to the "oh well they'll do it anyway attitude". The differences may seem small now, but in 2-3 years the differences will be huge. Gauranteed.



I'm not in the best mood today and frankly I'm kinda sick of looking at my computer so I'm keepin it short today:)

0 comments: