CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday yet again





It's Sunday evening again....already. We did have a really nice albeit snowed in weekend. On Saturday morning Andy made us a nice big breakfast. As he was cracking the eggs in a bowl he noticed some movement coming from the basement. Of course all the regular inhabitants of the house were in the living room. Hmmmm, who could be down there? Upon further investigation we found a BIRD in our stairwell. It was perched on our coat rack. Of course the kids got a fabulous kick out of this. I didn't really think it was very funny. How did this bird get into my house anyway? Are there more where this one came from? Lots of scary questions to ponder. When I tried to get a picture of the bird (scrapbooker in me couldn't help it) It came flying straight towards my head. I don't mind telling you I screamed like a little girl!!!! All three of the kids laughed hysterically at me. Meanies. We did eventually get the bird out. If you look close you can see the back end of the birds feathers sitting right on our coats. EEEWWWWW.

Isaac decided to thaw his men out. Poor little guys have been in the freezer for awhile now so I'm sure they were glad to see the light of day:)



We ate a lot. The kids have declared my P.B. cookies the best ever and cheesy pizza fondue was a huge success. Although I don't think I would like it with fresh veggies....we ate it with leftover homemade ricotta bread. Asher was very territorial, he thought the entire dish was for him and let me tell you he did not want to share. He kept insisting we were eating all HIS food. Silly boy.

On Sunday we watched Black Beauty. It was really good. We learned that Maia likes horses more than dogs. She wasn't too shaken up when Old Yeller bit the dust but let me tell you that girl broke down when she thought that B.B. was going to die in a fire. Everytime B.B. was mistreated I could see her little lip quiver. So sweet.

My boys built a snow...person? It doesn't really resemble any snowman I've ever seen before but that's what's so great about my family...we're unique. Maia was so sad to be stuck indoors but with her ankle we didn't have any other choice. She decided to help me make dinner instead and that seemed to pacify her

Well tomorrow is the big day. Isaac has a friend from his class riding the bus home with him. This friend is kind of iffy, from what I understand he threw pee on another classmate earlier in the year. He says words we don't say and watches shows I don't even watch. When the gma called to discuss a possible playdate I could feel my heart sink just a bit. This is the first friend Isaac has had that I've felt so strongly against. All his other friends parents have become our friends as well. Honestly this gma sounds very nice. I think she has just been put in the difficult position of raising a grandchild. Her kids are grown and gone and she had to start over. I got out Isaac's class picture to take a look at L (the boy) and it really softened my heart towards him. He really is just a 7 year old boy being raised in an environment that is so incredibly different than the one in our home. Right now Isaac isn't easily swayed by other opinions and views. He tries to be (and is) a good witness of Christs love to this boy. It doesn't even faze Isaac that L isn't thought of very highly by other classmates. I'll be honest, Isaac revealed this week that he is being bullied and called nasty names by other students because of his friendship with L. He could care less, but in a deep dark way, it really bothers Andy and me. We've had to do a lot of soul searching this week. We want Isaac to be well liked and not face any of the ickiness that we did in school but he is making a choice to follow his heart instead of his peers. How could we not be proud of that? It sums up so much of what we've taught him, now we just need to learn to give it to God. I don't want my boy being influenced by this other boy, but right now it seems Isaac is doing most of the influencing in the friendship. However, what if all that switches around in a couple of years time and Isaac is the one being influenced in the wrong direction. It is so hard being a parent, I don't think you ever really get that until you are one. Here I sit making snap judgements on a family that I've never met before because I'm worried about what that will mean for my little boy 5 years from now!! Maybe I should take the advice that I give out so freely to everyone else....sit back, pray and let God deal with it. I will meet this boy tomorrow then decide what course to take with this situation. Right now it sounds like he needs Isaac's friendship.

0 comments: