CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Kyle!!!

I know I'm a couple of days late getting this posted but we have had a lot going on around here. You know, when mom first told me she was pregnant with you I was not a happy camper!!! I was 13 years old and pretty positive that your arrival would ruin my life. I'm ashamed to admit that I really threw an all out tantrum (sorry mom:)) when I learned the news. I prayed the whole way through mom's pregnancy that you would be a boy. I just knew in my heart that a little girl would take my place in the family and there wouldn't be any need for me anymore. When you were born though It was pretty much love at first sight. First of all I was thrilled you were a boy!!! It was so much fun getting to play little mommy and help take care of you. You were the sweetest child and oh so very easy to love!!I loved it when you came to stay at my house when mom and dad were on vacation. Watching movies and playing Skip-Bo. Sharing inside jokes. I don't think I could have been prouder than when I was watching you perform in Drum Line or march in parades. Or when standing up for the things you believed in(Mr Angel).It has been awesome to watch you develope your talents and gifts. You are a natural born teacher. I love that you march to the beat of your own drum. You've never let peer pressure influence you and you live life on your terms. Not trying to be what others tell you to be but being yourself, the person God made you to be. You have a sense of justice and doing what's right and it shows in everything you do. I have of course always loved you but that love grew when I had kids of my own. You are the very best uncle. You have loved them since day 1 of their little lives. Their lives are so much richer because you are in it. I'll never forget how you held each of them without fear, just picked them right up and held on tight. You have always been so proud to show them off to your friends, popping them up on your shoulders and introducing them to as many people as you could. They can feel that love and they know that it's special. You share something different with each of them. You and Isaac both have an empathy towards others and a very strong sense of right and wrong. You and Maia both have a love of life and a silliness that makes the people around you smile. I wonder if she'll end up as sarcastic as you? You and Asher with your love of all things with big engines and wheels. It has been so rewarding watching you grow up to be the man that you are!!! So I admit it. I was wrong. You didn't ruin my life. Not at all. In fact you have made not only my life but my children's lives so much better!!!

Happy Birthday "little" Brother!!!!!!!

We LOVE you!!!!

0 comments: