It's quiet in the house this morning. Just me and Ash hanging out. The last couple of weeks have been so hectic that it's nice to get back into our old routine. Every once in a while I look at my kids and see what their future could be. Of course no one but God knows what tomorrow actually holds but it is fun to imagine. Today, Asher has been pretending that his racecar is going "super fast". He comes to me and I remind him to buckle up and do the speed limit. He laughs at me and tells me he went so fast his engine caught on fire. The fire department came to help him put the fire out. The police came also, to give him a ticket!! This boy has a need for speed and danger that has been written on the canvas of who he is from day one. He didn't get this from me or Andy, it's just who he is. His whole being lights up and almost glows when he catches sight of a racecar, motorcycle, or big truck. Anything with wheels causes great delight, but if it has wheels and goes fast it causes sheer excitement with squeals of pure elation to go along with the delight. I think when he was pretending the policeman had pulled him over he wasn't too far off. He probably will have his fair share of traffic citations. Uncle Kyle will have to teach him how to deal with paying fines and rising insurance costs, that is after all who Ash gets his need for speed from.
Asher and Uncle Kyle on Kyle's "mo SIGH cle". Wish I had a video of this day. You just wouldn't believe how excited Asher was unless you actually saw it.
On Tuesday I decided to change the house around a bit. Our living room hadn't been changed for 10 years! I spent over 2 hours moving furniture all over the place until I came up with a combination I liked. It almost changes the whole feel and mood of the house. Kind of a fresh start. The dining room underwent a transformation also. I cleaned furiously all morning trying to organize and get rid of junk. Andy and the kids love it, they think it has more feng shui now.
Yesterday Andy had a scheduled vacation day so we just hung out around the house and napped. I got to sleep for almost three hours!!! It was awesome, everyone should get to nap everyday. I woke up with a renewed spirit.
Less than 48 hours to go until national history day!!! I am so excited:)
Just a few pictures of the kids enjoying the nice weather on Monday. Can't wait for Spring!!!




1 comments:
What sweet children!! These pictures are really nice. Any grandma would be proud to call them "hers"! I enjoy your blog; keeps me updated with pictures and all the fun activities that go on under your roof!
I love you all!!
GRANDMA CREAGER
Post a Comment