CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A whole new set of worries

It just keeps getting better people. My week that is. This is my sink:

It's looked like this for 2 days now. I know...totally gross right. Both sides are completely clogged up. Plus the bottom of my brand new dishwasher is full of water as well. No amount of plunging or Liquid Plumber seems to be working. I think it might be time to give Roto Rooter a call. I did learn a lesson though...you can't shove half a ham down your disposal. And the little wrench thingy they give you with your disposal, to reduce service calls, is useless without directions. I've stuck that stupid little wrench in every crevice I can find with no luck whatsoever.
This is my fireplace: See the 8 "missing bricks"? That's where my critter's come in at. We had the brilliant idea of duct taping the whole mess up. I CANNOT cohabitate with critters. See that mess of tape? Down there at the base of the fireplace? That's where we found it when we got home on Monday. It seems it isn't gonna stay stuck. I thought duct tape worked for everything? So the critters are free to roam my family room and who knows what else in the wee hours of the morning again. Free to party in my abode. Hopefully they like intimate gatherings and aren't into rave like bashes. It's easier for me to stomach if I can think of one little chipmunk trying to woo his little girlfriend (Alvin and Britanny anyone?) with a little bit of mood lighting and some yummy crumbs from under my dinner table than a whole mess of them partying it up disco style!

The wise words of my grandfather keep coming back to haunt me. "You know" he said "if a chipmunk can get in then a small squirrel could fit in that there hole as well". Hmmm...thanks grandpa, I hadn't thought of that.

3 comments:

secret sister

lori,
the only thing i can say is ...
i sure am glad i don't have a fireplace!! lol!
wow, this isn't looking good, has the property manager been there to take care of any of this? i sure hope so.
i am praying hard for you this week, ... you will make it through, you are a very strong woman..
how are the munchkins doing in school? adjusting alright? asher enjoying the run of the house during the day ? what all are you doing this weekend up in dover? painting?
let us know if you need us... okay?
boy, i sure am full of the questions tonight aren't i? oops! there i go again...lol!
take care and watch out for the furry guys,
loveya,
sue

Anonymous

ahhh. man. wow. I think Mr. Landlord would be getting calls daily till he fixes BOTH issuses. girl. it'll be alright. just think, Chip and Dale can sing you christmas caorls at christmas time just like in the tv specials. now, i bet you didn't know your house was special enough to come with carolers. : )
Bj

Anonymous

Well, de ja vu! I also learned not to try to send a bunch of carrot peelings down my disposal...Joel had to rent a snake from Home Depot and its not a fun job.

A few yrs ago we had 2 chipmunks crawl into our dryer vent. They look small and cute out in the yard but get one stuck in the fan blades in your dryer...not so cute. We didn't know what was messing around our dryer so Joel went out by the vent and I turned the dryer on, I guess thinking I'd SCARE whatever it was away. But apparently I got it sucked into the fan blades. Joel and his brother had to take off the back of my dryer and work that little guy out of the blades. YUCK. The other chipmunk met his untimely death by Joel's shovel/tool. There were no survivors...except us. :)

luv,
Tracy