Wow 2 posts in one day!! Aren't you lucky? I'm kidding of course:) Just wanted to give everyone at "home" a heads up. We will NOT be making the long trek back this weekend. We need a break. We have been running ourselves ragged. And frankly we need to reconnect as a family. Seems all I've been telling my kids lately is "wait a minute" "just a sec" "no" "why in the world would you want to do that?" "go find something to do" And "huh?". The catalyst for our decision came a couple of days ago when I heard about the tragic loss of another blogger mommy. She is a homeschool mama to 3 boys. The youngest was very close in age to Asher. He died last week in a very tragic accident. Every mother's worst nightmare kind of a thing. It's all I've been able to think about the last few days. It seems when something like this happens we all hug our little ones a bit tighter and take stock of all we have. I'm here to tell you I have a lot. God has blessed me so tremendously. But with everything that has been going on around here lately I seem to have lost track of that. It has become very clear to me that everyone in this family needs their love bank filled back up. All our love "saving's" have been depleted. I have been impatient, selfish and exasperated the last several months. Meeting each of my family member's requests with a sigh and an eyeroll. Like it's some sort of gigantic effort to meet their needs. Not exactly treating them like the blessings they are am I? So this weekend we will stay home. I will apologize and they will forgive me. Then I will say things like "sure" "sounds great" "let's go right now" "I would love to" and "why didn't we think of this sooner?". And I will say it all with a smile on my face and in my heart. I will close the computer and put my books away. We will curl up and read books about Anne from a place called Green Gables. We will eat popcorn and watch movies. We will play silly games and laugh until we cry. We'll build train sets and towers and have loud rock band concerts. We'll bake cookies and bread. We'll color and sew and glitter and glue until our fingers stick together. And through it all I'll re-discover my mother's heart.... 
Thank you Lord for blessing me with these three. May I never take a day spent with them for granted. For we know not what tomorrow brings. Please be with the Drew's as they mourn the loss of their sweet "Dozer". Thank you for the almost 4 years that this family got to live, love, laugh and hold little "Dozer" here on Earth. I'm sure he taught them much. May they feel Your love blanket them and may they find peace that they will see him again on the other side.




0 comments:
Post a Comment