Do you like my new look? I figured with it being Fall and all it was time for a new wardrobe. Of course I really wanted the new wardrobe for myself but that's not gonna happen right now--so my blog got a new outfit instead! It's almost as fun as getting a makeover for myself:) My blog really wanted this other outfit. With a super retro owl on it!! I helped her try it on but it didn't quite fit her. There were some tears and she vowed to go on a diet right away. I tried to tell her that it would all be ok and that she was perfect the way she is, but she's insisting that her sentences are too long and that's why the owl dress wouldn't fit. I tried to tell her that the dress was just made too small, you know they are making clothes smaller these days, but she didn't believe me. It's true though, I think the clothing industry is trying to mess with women's heads. You know you wear a size 4 before you have children. Then you have kids and never quite fit into your 4's again, so you concede and buy size 8's. Then the next thing you know the clothing industry is changing things up. You decide you want a cute new dress so you head to the store and grab an armload of the latest styles. All excited and giddy about your cute finds you wonder how you'll ever choose. Off to the dressing room you go!! When none of the size 8 dresses exactly fit the only conclusion you can draw is that the designer's have made ALL the size 8's smaller. You know the new 8 is really a 4!!!! There is no other explanation. It has absolutely positively nothing to do with the fact that you now live down the street from Krispy Kreme. Oh, did I go off on a tangent about myself? Sorry. I need to head off to the store now to buy my blog a pint of Ben and Jerry's. To make her feel better you know? About how the clothing industry is tricking her into making her think she's fat. Ben and Jerry's always makes everything better;)
4 comments:
love the new look and i agree whole heartedly with the designers.. i remember when an 11/12 and 13/14 used to be the normal sizes.. now they are considered plus! i can not wait for GOD coming back and we get our new bodies and i don't have to shop ever again! halleluyah(sp)!
loveya,
sue
I know!! It's a cruel trick to play on us. Shouldn't they be trying to make us feel better about ourselves instead of worse!!! They must sit in their little design studios laughing at us. And saying things like "Suede wants to make all the frumpy little housewives out there hate themselves, so Suede will just make this garment as small as he possibly can. hah Suede has a great idea...he can narrow the butt and thighs on all these cute pants...." I think there's a whole design school conspiracy going on. You show me a company that can help me get into a size 8 again and they'll be my new bff. I would never shop anywhere else again. Unless of course you suggest something like a gym or weight watchers. Because of course it is not my fault that I can't fit into my clothes anymore:)
suede is probably a robot, could explain the way he always refers to himself in the 3rd person.lol!!!!
i believe it not our faults, just as you do... all the commercials after 9, they beg you to eat.. and depress us with all these skinny models in underwear with long flowing hair after 10.. what are they thinking? that we will never achieve that look, mine as well eat! lol! at least i think that is what they are asking me to do.. even during biggest loser.. they are always pushing the food.. of course its low-cal stuff that doesn't look as good, that makes you go out to your own kitchen and look whats better to put in my belly~! lol! you're right, its not our fault! hahahaha
Hey-Nice New Layout! You inspired me to do the same. I think I will change from season to season. Check mine out!
Post a Comment