CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

This is our first official holiday living away from home. Some of us were a little sad. Our traditions are changing and becoming something new and it has produced a few tears around here. But then we got this box. And that brought smiles from everyone. I was very very excited to get this box from Grandma Ruth and Grandpa Bud:Even though we couldn't make our annual trip to their house for trick or treat they didn't just forget about us. Instead they thought ahead and sent out this wonderful box. The kids were almost as excited as me!! Here is fireman Asher with all his loot: Hannah MonMaia is doing the happy dance:
And Indiana Isaac . Isaac doesn't DO Halloween so I cheated a bit with this picture. It was taken last weekend when we went to boo at the zoo. He didn't want to do that either but we made him:) What you can't see in this picture is his whip....the best past of the costume according to him!!



And here they are all together

Our trick or treat was last night. I took Maia and Asher around the neighborhood. We ended up walking with Breana (who was Gabriella from high school musical)and her mom. Halloween is big big big in this neighborhood. Almost every single porch light was on. Everyone pulled their chairs out to the end of their drive ways and cheered the kids on while giving big handfuls of candy. Also lots and lots of older kids were participating. They were dressed super duper cute and having just as much fun as the little kids. Andy and Isaac stayed home and passed out candy. The only bad part was at the very end of the night. One house went a little overboard. A man in a coffin popped out at the kids and started screaming "DIE". As if that wasn't scary enough he then revved up his chainsaw and started running after the kids!! Literally chasing them into the street as he was screaming "DIE DIE DIE". Asher was fascinated with the fire he had coming out of a bunch of charcoal grills set around the yard but then freaked a bit when the guys started coming after him. If Asher was freaking only a bit then Maia could only be described as completely hysterical!!! That girl put her hands over her ears, screamed and ran away as fast as she could. In the pitch black of night. I'm grateful I found her!! Unfortunately we had no choice but to pass this house to get home. I don't think I've ever seen her run quite so fast. As soon as she was safe and sound in her own house she proclaimed this was to be her last Halloween.
In a little bit Asher and I will head off to the school for the Halloween parade there. We always did a Halloween parade at school when I was little and I remember it being so much fun. The parents all lined the halls while kids proudly marched through in their cute costumes. Maia is pretty excited about showing all her friends her wig!! The kids parties will follow the parade. And then we can spend the rest of the weekend eating candy!!
I know a couple of you are anxiously awaiting pictures of Maia'sassy new haircut. I'll try and get them up tonight!!







0 comments: