CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

What I Need- When I Needed It.

I was going to post pictures of Maia's bedroom today but blogger is acting up again and won't upload my pictures. I'll try again later. Instead I'll regale you with all of the exciting details of our Sunday:) We went back to NBC yesterday. It is convenient that the service starts at 10:45. Anyways, we were a few minutes late because Andy thought he could get there without Navalie's (our gps) help. I was the one who noticed we were going in the wrong direction. Which was a real victory for me since I still can't figure out these blasted streets here! Pastor Mark was speaking as we entered the sanctuary. He gave about a 10 minute introduction to the service which was actually given by Pastor Harrell. There will be several people who will be glad to know that he did indeed preach out of the KJV. Pastor Mark that is, not Pastor Harrell who I'm pretty sure uses NIV. Anyways it was a very nice service that centered all around communion. What I gleaned from it is that if Christ never does another thing for me ever that is okay. He died on the cross for my sins and that is more than enough. Now of course I knew this before but I am prone to the gimme's sometimes so it doesn't hurt to be reminded of it every once in a while. When I'm wondering why things aren't going exactly my way and why doesn't God just give me what I want. Well, He gives me what I need and that is plenty more than I deserve. As I was reading through the program I noticed that in October, Candice Cameron Bure (D.J. Tanner) from Full House fame will be speaking to the ladies of the church. Now I am a child of the 80's and I loved this particular show, so I was pretty excited. Plus I had a super major crush on her real life brother Kirk from Growing Pains. But then I got to thinking that I wouldn't be able to go. You see, we have to get on that big scary highway to actually get to the church. I won't be doing that by myself anytime soon! And I don't think Andy will go with me to the ladies night out! On the way home from church we needed to go grocery shopping. I still haven't found a store here that meets all my needs. Which is a problem in itself because I'm a big grocery shopper. At home I anxiously awaited the Buehler's ad each Monday so I could plan my menu for the coming week based off of what's on sale! I had a great routine and always saved tons of money this way. There is NO Buehler's here. There is a Meijer's which is sorta like Super Wal-Mart. I went twice and hated it both times. There is a Kroger's but it was expensive and I couldn't find the ads to see what was on sale. Whole Foods is totally Awesomely FANTASTIC but hello we can't realistically afford it. Trader Joe's is super cool but not a place where I can do ALL of my shopping. Just a great place to pick up fun extra's. The Wal-Mart here isn't quite as big as at home and no way could I do all of my shopping there. I was getting a little worried about where exactly I was going to buy groceries for my family. I need one stop shopping....I'm not lugging my kids all over town to 15 different stores. So last week I noticed I was getting Giant Eagle ads in the mail every Tuesday. Now I'm gonna be honest here, I hate hate hate the G.E. at home. I thought it was overpriced and gross. I NEVER went there. So I was skeptical about the one here....but hey I was desperate. So we typed G.E. in to Navalie and she started taking us on roads we have never been on. And this is the most important part here...not the big scary highway. We had a beautiful drive through some gorgeous neighborhoods but we were seriously doubtful we would be ending up at the G.E. just down the road from our house. It didn't seem likely that Navalie would direct us from one town to the next while totally bypassing the highway...because well she likes the highway. She will tell us to get on the highway any chance she gets!! Lo and behold about 10 minutes later we ended up at the correct G.E. God gave me just what I needed, a route to and from church sans the highway. And it was way quicker too. So after all the excitement we decided to venture in to the store. I felt it as soon as we walked in the door!! If I listened closely I could almost hear a choir in the background. Singing hallelujah! This was it....my new store. I was in heaven with all of the fresh fruits and veggies....artisan cheeses and fresh baked breads. The Mids spaghetti sauce that we were seriously worried we wouldn't be able to find here was even on sale. This was my new store. One stop shopping and a new ad delivered right to my mailbox every Tuesday. Plus we save money on gas too. For every 50 dollars you spend you save 20 cents per gallon of gasoline purchased at get go. We are already up to 1.00 off per gallon. UNLIMITED GALLONS people!!! That's what I'm talking about. So I don't have the new furniture, curtains and decorations that I want for our new home. But what God gave me was even better! A way to and from church on my own and a beautiful grocery store that will help me nourish my family and save money at the same time. He gave me exactly what I needed when I needed it:)

0 comments: