CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 8, 2008

Backyard

Sue commented on my last post that my backyard looked humongous. So I thought I would post some pics. This is what we see when we first walk out of the sliding glass doors. See the wooden fence in the back? That's where the skunks come in at!If I'm talking to you on the phone this is probably what I'm looking at. This is the view from my favorite chair. Asher loves playing with his tool set and lots of times brings his wooden blocks out here as well.The deck itself. You can't see it in this picture but the kids have a picnic table in the back corner. The sliding glass doors lead into the family room. If I owned this house I would ditch the sliding doors and get some French doors. Maia and I have been closely watching this little bird's nest in our little tree.

This is the side yard. Not the back. This is the part of the yard that Maia's bedroom window overlooks. You can't see this part of the yard from the deck. And now for the piece de resistance. I'll just bet you wish you were cool like me and had one of these puppies in your yard. I'll bet that in 1985 this was da bomb. It was probably the envy of the neighborhood. Men kicked back in their recliners wished that they had one of these baby's. It's still the talk of the neighborhood!! They want to know what we plan on doing with it? Duh, my kids are fixing it all up to take on a mission to Mars!! Seriously people....this isn't my house. I'm not doing anything with it. Besides you can't see it from my fabulous perch on the deck!!





1 comments:

secret sister

hey lori,
my gosh, the house and yard look pretty big. i love the landscaping.. not the skunks so much! lol! i love sitting on my deck also, very comforting, sitting back and watching the kiddos play with the neighbor kids and listening the pond. i forgot to ask you last post did you get started on isaac's and asher's room? i can't wait to see how you do that. hearing your ideas made me want to see the final results.
little bit at a time, right?
have a great weekend
love,
sue