CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Alive and Kicking!!!

Well we are officially moved!! In one week we found a house, packed up the last 12 years of our lives and crammed it all (well most of it) into a 26 ft u-haul and... well... hauled all of it 2 hours South. We found our house on a Monday evening and by Saturday afternoon we were unloading our truck. Things have just been moving crazy fast!! Then we spent all last week without cable or internet service. Talk about feeling totally cut off from the world. Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know that we are here and getting settled. To anybody that I hung up on...didn't contact...or was just plain rude to....I apologize. My last week at home was very very difficult for me. I was unable to carry on a conversation and would simply break down into wracking sobs with no notice. That is why I refused to see you....why I hung up on you. I simply couldn't cope. I didn't NOT want to talk to you I simply couldn't. No words would come only tears. I had to take that week to mourn. To mourn the life we had so lovingly built for the last 12 years. To mourn leaving the only home my children had ever known and all the memories it holds within it's walls. To mourn leaving my sweet little Mayberry of a town and all the lifelong connections we'd made there. I had to watch my family, friends and the most sad of all my children come to terms with the fact that our lives were changing forever. It was, without a doubt, the hardest week of my life ever. I left my house kicking and screaming. It was heart wrenching for me. I had cried so much that I couldn't wear my contacs for a week and I....actually.....left....my...house...andwentintopublic....with....no....makeup.....on. Now if you know me you just know that is something I wouldn't ever ever do. I had to keep reminding myself that Andy and I made this decision together. That I was his biggest supporter and cheerleader. That this is definitely what God wanted for our family. That I encouraged this move. I never in a million years thought it would be so hard for me to actually follow through with it. Anyways after all that drama we are fine now. We aren't great but we are fine. We are here...right where we are supposed to be. We are living. We are learning and growing. And most importantly we are trusting God......


I've been asked for pictures and wanted to let you know they are on their way. I've got to get everything all decorated first!! And some furniture would probably be a good start! I've also got lots of posts already written in my head( family, our house, where our home is, our new neighbors and rock climbimg) check frequently for new posts. Plus the blog is going to be getting a makeover!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous

howdy lori,
nice to see you are up and with the living again..lol!! can't wait for the pics. keep us posted on all the new things happening.. loveya's, sue

Anonymous

Hey Sue, thank you so much for being such a faithful reader. Continuing to check my blog even though I neglect it for weeks at a time. You know I love ya girl!!

Lori