CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Our weekend

On Friday I was doing a happy dance because I knew I was only hours away from going home again. We still have a lot of loose ends left to tie up there so we will be making frequent trips back and forth. It had been 2 weeks, we had survived, and I was stoked about going back. The kids stayed at my parents and we opted to stay at our house. After we dropped the kids off we headed to the house. Man was it hot in there!!! We have definitely gotten used to the ac in our new location:) We were so excited to be in our neighborhood that we decided to take a walk. At 11pm. Yeah we're crazy like that. We walked for about 2 miles before we headed home. We didn't have any kids with us so we really got to talk. We decided that we really love our old town. However there is simply no place for us to "go" there. Apparently a lot of other people have decided the same exact thing because there are 11 houses for sale in a 2 block radius. One of those houses belongs to my good friend Darcie. Her family is moving really really far away! Not 2 hours away like us. Anyways, Darcie has a theory that it takes 4 years to feel at home someplace new. Check back in a few years and I'll let you know how that theory pans out. Although I don't really think it's gonna take us 4 years. We are already starting to really appreciate some of the ammenities here. And honestly I didn't dread coming back to Columbus when the time arrived. It was fun to be home though. We talked to friends, packed up yet another u-haul, and went to church. Isaac had a play date with his best bud Mason and we got to see Mitch and Joe and Nadine. We also got to minister to our really good friends who are going through a most difficult situation. The kids were thrilled beyond thrilled to see Mary and Randy and Fred, Barney, and Bacon the pig. They also had a fabulous weekend with their Noni and Paw Paw. There was lots of swimming, Elvis, and I'm sure silly faces involved. They are definitely blessed in the grandparent department. Just so you know Paw Paw, Isaac came home and went straight to his guitar. Maia followed suit so Andy gave them some exercises to practice today. A big shout out to gma and gpa C as well. I tried to call you guys but you weren't home:( They adore all of you. An emotional post about family is actually coming soon. Have a good day everyone. I'll be unpacking our 2nd load.....

0 comments: