So I've been sleeping with the boys since we've arrived in our new home. Asher won't stay in bed so this is our best solution for now. He really really really misses his crib. Anyway, the boys and I have great talks in the middle of the night. I thought Asher didn't really get the whole big picture of our move but I was wrong. Why do we always underestimate our children? With no prompting whatsoever every night at about midnight he starts to cry. He misses Mary, Randy, and his church teacher's. He misses Bacon, Fred and Barney's pet pig. He's worried we'll never go to church again. He misses the skits and plays. Isaac misses Steve-O. He misses the view from his bedroom window and wants to know if I will please take a picture of the KFC sign. We miss our library and neighborhood friends. We miss our playgrounds and woofie ball games. We all miss Dover. During the day we are all strong and delight in our new surroundings. There is no room for tears, but at night the boys and I let them flow freely. I console and sympathize then tell them we need to be strong. It's an adventure and together we can get through anything. After they fall asleep I cry out to God. I give Him all my doubts and fears just as my children give theirs to me. I miss Dover too. It's my home and my safe haven. Then God comforts me just as I comforted my boys. In the middle of my tears I listen for His still small voice. "Dover is not your home" he tells me. "Of course it is I tell Him". I made my home there. My friends are there...my family. "No" He tells me again. "Your home is here in Heaven with me. You are my child. You are a stranger in a strange land until I call you home to be with me. Until then you make your home with your family where I tell you to go. Know that I love you and would never lead you astray". Complete peace washed over me and I got my first good nights rest in over a week.
1 comments:
Amen and hallejah to that!! This world is not my home, I'm just passing through..LOL...Maybe you could make Isaac his very own small scrapbook with everything he is missing; when you come back to get your house ready to sell, take pictures of EVERYTHING he misses and make him a book that he can carry with him. Eventually, as he adjusts to his new surroundings, he may just display his book in his room or on his wall, etc. That might help him get through this.
Post a Comment