I've had quite a few sad posts the last couple of days. I don't want everyone to think all is doom and gloom. Because it is not. We have done a lot of fun things in the week and a half we've been here. We've been to COSI twice. We went to Easton and had dessert at The Cheesecake Factory. It was yummalicious!!!!And Easton deserves a whole post on it's own. The zoo is 10 minutes from our house and as soon as our pays get straightened out we will be getting a membership. I have loved getting to visit the organic grocery stores i've been reading about online for the last several years. Again they were so awesome they deserve a post of their own. And the shopping....well the shopping is fantastic. I am of course only window shopping but I have access to everything!!!! Our neigborhood is nice and the neighbors have gone out of their way to be friendly. There is a park at the end of the street that the kids enjoy. Isaac climbed the huge rock wall at Dick's Sporting Goods. It has been fun exploring and finding new things to do and eat. There are definite advantages to living in the big city. Andy's boss is a christian and invited us to visit his church. It's a mega church!!! 8,000 members@@. And ya'll thought we went to a big church at home! We're going to visit just for the experience of it all. A couple of days ago we happened upon a Jimmy John's, which is of course Isaac's very favorite place to eat. Made him feel a bit like he was home. It also helps him that he wears all his Dover gear EVERYday. I'm afraid we're gonna run out of Dover shirts soon!!! In the last 2 days he has taken to wearing his boy scout shirt everwhere as well. These things seem to comfort him. The neighbors probably think we're nuts:) We went to the park tonight and the kids talked to a little girl with an 11 week old puppy. They were very brave in their quest to make a new friend. We also got our very first unexpected visitor today. My gma Eileen's friend little Dorothy stopped by to see us. Seems she spends a lot of time (several weeks out of each month?) in our new city as her daughter and grandchildren live here. She was full of info and helpful hints for us. So while you will still be getting a couple of sad posts from us just know that we are okay. Happy posts are on their way. I just have to get through the sad ones first.
0 comments:
Post a Comment