CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

UMMMMM...I don't know....whatever....

Wow.... long time since I've posted huh? Things are just super crazy here right now. We had our house ripped apart for about 3 weeks. Seriously ripped apart...like we couldn't use the downstairs at all. Which is where our tv and dvr are located. Talk about some serious tv withdraws. My Summer shows were all getting ready to premiere and I was starting to totally FREAK OUT that I would miss them. I mean they took The Mole away several years ago- they bring it back and I've got nowhere to watch it? Talk about nerve wracking. Not to mention Design Star, Food Network Star, Hell's Kitchen (Andy's personal fave) and my very much anticipated Army Wives. I've been waiting since last Summer to find out who makes it out of the Hump bar alive. Not to worry though I only missed one episode of The Mole. In the meantime I've been reading. Corrie Ten Boom is amazing. Enough said. The Hiding Place is such an inspiration and really made me contemplate exactly what I had to whine about? Answer.....nothing. Betsy could even thank The Lord for flea infestations. And you know what, God provided those nasty little fleas for a reason. If you're ever feeling sorry for yourself you should check out this book. I'll be honest here...when I read the book I was feeling a bit sorry for myself. I was in the midst of chaos and wondering exactly what I had gotten myself into with my upcoming move. I learned that God works in crazy unexpected ways. And forgiveness is amazing.
We are officially on Summer break now. The kids and I are having a great time. So far we've scooped a dead animal carcass from our yard and buried it. Isaac seriously saved the day here. EEEWWWWWWW!!!!!! I'm choosing to believe that the white wormy things crawling all over it and my yard were GRUBS and not MAGGOTS. Can I just say EEEWWWWW again? We (I) LOST Andy's S.S. card. Thankfully an honest person turned it in at the grocery store. And my kids are already ready to kill each other!!
Just a few Asher funnies for the road. For some reason he is suddenly afraid that our never hurt a fly (for real) dog is going to bite his pee-pee off. I have no idea where this idea came from but he is petrified. He won't go to the potty alone, always scopes out where Shiloh is and then makes me shut the bathroom door and stand guard. Andy went out of town and was using a rental car. Asher loved the rental car. Asher loves all cars. Later in the day he started asking where the rental car was. Not where's my Daddy but where's that cool red car? I'm not kidding you when I say he actually cried for the car!!! SSSHHH PLease don't tell Andy...might hurt his feelings just a tad.
One last note...our housing search has been very very discouraging to say the least. I found something that I'm very very excited about tonight!!! It looks like exactly what I'm looking for. Please pray that this is the right house in the right community. It's not where I was originally looking but I think this will be much better. Pray that God's hand is in all of this. Thanks!! Love you all!!!!! P.S. If you're still reading leave me a little comment so I know I'm not wasting my time!! I think I may have lost a few readers with my long hiatus.

4 comments:

secret sister

hey lori,
what in the world were you doing up at 1:32am? crazy girl.. you are so funny, i wish i was there for the carcass discovery! what a hoot! the boys did the same thing to me last summer with a bird(i think it was a bird). we had to bury it in the yard too! i have been going through blog withdraw.. i usually check yours and the sister one a couple times of week.. thank you for updating and giving me a chuckle at the same time.. have a wonderful day and we sure will be praying about the new prospect.. let me know when you need help over there.. seriously!
loveya, sue

maila

Thank you Sue!!! At least I know I have ONE loyal follower:)Thanks for the prayers. We've been sending them out for you guys too!!

Love, Lori

Anonymous

Hi Lori,
I enjoy reading your blog; and I continue praying for your entire situation. The Lord is faithful and true to His word; "Ye have not because ye ask not" and "Ask and you shall received"; both verses are wonderful! If we ask in faith believing, the Lord will answer us.
Dad and I are very excited for you, Andy and your family.

Mom C

Anonymous

I still check in and enjoy hearing the updates :) I wish the best for you with your move. Oh and tell Andy Happy Belated Birthday please. Love Ya, Uncle Scott Mattevi