It's a beautiful day here. I'm sitting in front of my open window enjoying the breeze coming through. Listening to my kids laugh and play in the Summer sun. They are playing with the neighbor kids. They're an unlikely quad but these four kids have been playing together for the last several years. Asher is blissfully napping...he actually asked to go to bed today!! I've been sort of spying on the kids all afternoon. Enjoying their giggles and easy banter. They're playing "woofie" ball and chasing each other around with the garden hose. I listened to a heated disagreement earlier about if dogs really can die from eating chocolate. I just sat and listened to them work it out on their own. Last week the kids played with our other neighbors down the hill. The ones our backyard connects with. They caught lightning bugs, rolled down the hill and ran under a ginormous parachute. Until late into the night. All the stuff Summer's made of. Memories in the making. Who knows if we'll get the luxury of great friends in our next neighborhood. Our neighborhood friends have taught us much over the years. How to compromise, how to share, how to pick our battles and that we don't always HAVE to agree with everything someone else does. My greatest wish is for our next neighborhood to be filled with many days just like this. Kids running, laughing and playing. Little girls sharing innocent secrets and little boys climbing trees. Giggles, laughter and squeals of delight. Will I get my greatest wish in our next home? I don't know. Norman Rockwell doesn't exist in very many places anymore. I can hope though. And I can certainly pray. I think I may have found a great neighborhood......
4 comments:
You might just be surprised at how "summery" your new neighborhood will be..your new neighborhood might just have lightening bugs...worms...children disagreeing...children playing together etc. just like you have now. I believe the fun will continue and the excitement will be there. You are still a family and you will be bringing much of this with you when you move!
Just letting you know I was checking your blog for updates on your new move. If you don't buy a house now, will you move down and rent? When does Andy start his job?
Praying for ya too!
Tracy
Hey Tracy! I heard you weren't feeling well. Are you all better now? Andy actually already started his new job. Everything is going great. Earlier in the week we hit a few bumps in the road but we're fine now! When we move we will be renting. Andy has an apt to look at a house on Monday night. I'm hoping this is the one. It looks like a great neighborhood. We are committed to doing Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover before we buy. Well not the whole makeover maybe but at least the debt snowball part of it!!
Hey Lori!
How have you been doing on the house? Did you get it put back together? I really feel for you in this chaos. I lived out of boxes through a pregnancy and delivery and it was frustrating because I couldn't find anything and sad because I couldn't scrap or look at the pictures I love. I pray for you guys a lot. About the job, the neighborhood, the move itself.
Tell Andy I'm sorry I didn't call on his birthday. I don't have a good excuse for not calling. I remembered the week before and now the week after. (I think I may have lost quite a few brain cells with the 2nd child!) So happy birthday to Andy!
Keep writing and I'll keep reading!!!
Love ya
Post a Comment