We get into lots of free places with our COSI membership. One rainy Saturday we decided to go to Newark and visit The Works museum. We weren't sure what to expect...but it was free and not too far away so we decided to give it a try.
Isaac found a race car simulator.

Asher found a room of his very own.
Look he's a construction worker!! He's building the wall with bricks.
Loving Thomas the Train!!
I had a very difficult time getting him to leave this space but I wanted to find out what the rest of the family was up to. Andy found something fun to play with.

So I had to give it a try.
And then Maia had to show off as well!
We went upstairs to check it out too.
It had exhibits about the history of the city.
Back downstairs we found this awesomely fun kinetic sculpture.
We spent at least an hour playing with this thing.
What's this a xylophone bench.
Move over kid it's daddy's turn.
We are off on a train ride.
All Aboard!!
This ended up being a very fun trip for us!! There was a ton to do and it was all interactive:) I was a little disappointed that the glassblowers workshop was down for annual maintenance but we will definitely be going back!! One of the nice things about this museum is that it wasn't packed full of people. So we got to look and play for as long as we liked.




2 comments:
What a fun place! This looks very interesting. I had never heard of this place before. Before I scrolled down to Asher's pictures, I thought to myself, "I bet Asher will be working a construction scene" and I scrolled down and there he was! He looks mighty fine in his garb. Looks like Isaac might just be right comfortable in a race car; watch out; when he is 16 he may just put the pedal to the metal! Maia seems to enjoy all that pretty glassware! Let's see; china, sterling silver, crystal all for Maia in the future! You and Andy seem to be enjoying this adventure too! Looks like everyone had a wonderful day that day...thanks for sharing....Mom
Since COSI is such a big museum The Works can NOT advertise within a certain mile radius of COSI. I'm not sure how this works but one of the volunteers there explained it to Andy. We had never heard of it before either and only found it when searching through our reciprocal admission information. It was very very cool there. They have a glassblowing studio as well. I think I'm gonna sign me and Maia up for some of the lessons they offer. I think you start with a small suncatcher type thing...then a paperweight...and then you can work your up to a vase or bowl or what have you. I think I would LOVE to do this. I was always fascinated by glass blowing since I saw them doing it at Hale farm and village when I was a very little girl.
Post a Comment