CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hocking Hills

Cantwell Cliffs.
Yikes that's steep. And Narrow.
Was it really my idea to come here? What was I thinking? Okay here I go.
Isaac made it down safely.



Asher needed a little help.

Whew we all made it! In one piece:)
This was Maia's favorite part . She loved climbing the big boulders.

She's brave and cute!!

Isaac was a bit hard to keep track of. He kept trying to get ahead of us!
Asher was a bit nervous. We were pretty high up! And it dropped straight down!
On to the hike.
A little help over the log for Asher. But check out Maia jumping off!
Isaac gave a helping hand:
All in a row!
More help from big brother. Look at that adoring face.

self portrait.



Couldn't not get one with my sweet girl too:)
amazed at how big this tree was.
Lagging behind. Of course I'm even further behind!! Steps again? Oh my!!
Checking out the position of the sun to figure out what time it was.
Maia and daddy squeezing through fat woman's squeeze. Yes that is the name of it!!

Me barely squeezing through fat woman's squeeze! Seriously it was kinda scary going through it. Felt like it was gonna close in on me.


Heading back.
Okay so really thought I was gonna die after the first part of our adventure. Talk about a lot of steps and climbing!! But we finally made it back to the car. Then we headed to Ash Cave. I wasn't sure I'd be able to walk another step!! Thankfully we got a bit lost on the way there so we all had a small rest.
Ash Cave. How appropriate right?

Daddy and his boy!
It was like a ginormous sandbox!

Maia and Isaac trying to discover where the water is coming from.

Trying to catch the drips from above.
He was in his element all day long.
Everytime I turned around he was climbing something else!

Isn't he handsome?
He got it from him!!
The kids were playing in the sand so we played around with the camera:)

Nothing's better than lots of sand and great big rocks.
She thinks so too!! I don't think we have EVER been as dirty as we were at the end of this day:) We will be heading back for sure as we didn't even see a fraction of all there is at Hocking Hills!!!

2 comments:

secret sister

How precious the look is on Asher's face when Isaac extended a helping hand...that one is to be treasured. Maia looks like she really enjoyed all the big rocks, etc....in fact, it looks like you all have a great time that day. I will be honest though...I got all winded, out of breath and tired thinking about all this climbing and hiking (as I looked at the pictures..LOL) Looks like I had better get in shape!! Thanks for sharing...Love, Mom

Anonymous

I was so proud of my family that day!! It took us a lot of teamwork to get through the rugged terain!! And trust me it was crazy rugged:)

The older kids also learned that Asher was not a baby anymore. They have a tendency to really treat him like one and it has been an issue lately. Asher is adament that he IS a big boy!! Anyways Maia and Isaac realized that if Ash was a baby he never would've been able to hike that with us. It was a coming of age for him in a way:)