CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Early Bird Luau


So we loved Brownie's last year and signed up to do it again this year. Since we signed up early we got to go to the early bird luau. It was very very crowded!! I thought the dance was for 2nd graders but it turns out it was for ALL Dublin girl scout who signed up early. Talk about a lot of girls!!
First we played BINGO! And boy was the girl calling the numbers A.NOY.ING!! The girls had a lot of fun at this station. Maia even won a bag of skittles:) The annoying number caller tried to kick our group out after about 10 minutes but we refused to leave.


For anybody interested...The lady in the background is Glenda...our boy scout leader and mom of Mac and Mo. The little girl across from Maia is Allyssa. Her mom was supposed to be my co leader last year when we tried to start our own troop. Claire is the cutie in the link shirt with the lei around her head. She's the ice skater.

Maia wasn't at all sure about the dancing part at first. Her friends did eventually draw her in though.

We had a DJ who let the girls request songs. Which sounds innocent enough however remember I said there were older girls here as well. Older girls who like inappropriate music. I just about passed out when I heard Katy Perry singing "I kissed a girl and I liked it"!! I wanted to cry when I saw all the little girls singing along. A couple of them knew every word to that song. I think I kinda threw up in my mouth just a little.

We ran into Briana. Maia's friend that lives directly across the street from us. Then we went outside to play chase and tagAll in all we spent about 4 hours at the dance. Which was about 4 hours longer than I wanted to be there:) All the other mom's were very nice but I felt so out of place. Plus this is the weekend that I first heard the dreaded word--cancer. So I wasn't exactly in the most outgoing and certainly not in the mood to party luau style!! But Maia had a very good time with all of her friends and that is what counts!

2 comments:

secret sister

What cute pictures! All those cute little girls and their pretty dresses. It is so nice seeing what the grandchildren are doing; seems like Maia enjoys Brownies...thanks for sharing...love..Mom

maila

Maia adores Brownies. It is amazing how far she has come in just 1 short year. I had to drag her kicking and screaming into her first meeting!! All it took was 1 meeting though and she had 14 new friends and lots of fun times!!