CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Back Among The Living

So I've been gone for quite awhile now. I've had so many blog posts written in my head but I just couldn't quite get them out of that dark space and into the light. I'm not gonna lie...this Winter has been hard on me. I always go through some sort of blues in the colder months. They come to haunt me in February and pack up and leave when Mr. Sunshine starts showing his beautiful face. This year the blues took a serious turn into depression. I am back on the right track now so all is good.

I have learned a few things along the way though. Andy is fantastic. Of course I knew this already or I wouldn't have married him 14 years ago. But this time in my life has certainly reaffirmed his amazing goodness. He loves me no matter what and it shows in the way he takes care of me.

I shouldn't feel guilty for feeling sad. I think if I had allowed myself to just feel in the beginning, instead of shutting my feelings off as invalid, then I never would've plunged as deep as I did.

God cares about my problems. Big and small. I had convinced myself that my piddly complaints weren't worthy of...well...complaining about. With the state of the World at this particular time why in the world would I be so bold as to complain about my fears? My husband has a good job, our house actually sold and God safely placed us in a new place. My friends and family are worried about paying their bills, having major marital problems and worrying about the health of their loved ones. Who in the world am I to complain about missing my friends and family? Or to worry about making new friends in this new place? Or to complain because simple everyday life had become too much for me? But God does care about all that. He has a big ear and He can handle all of His children's woes! Big and small. It's true. And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us. 1 John 5:14.

Sunshine and B Complex vitamins are my friends:)

I hope to get everyone caught up on everything that has been going on around here. Despite my issues we've had some fantastic victories lately!

5 comments:

Anonymous

GOD is awesome!! so glad that you are feeling better..love the new look and hope to talk with you soon.. sorry i have neglected to call and catch up, i guess i made being to busy, my mantra as of late.. loveya, sue

Anonymous

Thanks Sue:) Hope Shaun is on the mend!!

love, lori

Kyle

Just a heads up, we'll be in Centerville (dayton area) this saturday and sunday. Saturday we go on the floor at 1:48 on saturday. Our class begins at noon though if you'd like to come for that. There are 11 groups on before us. I hope to see you this weekend!

Love,
Kyle

maila

I hope to see you too!! I still feel awful about the last time! I can't believe I forgot:( I had cupcakes for your B-Day and everything. I have your cookies too:)We are planning on trying to come next weekend. Would it be better for us to go to World's or to the Centerville show?

Love You
Lori

Kyle

The centerville show for sure. We play (hopefully..) twice on a thursday and once on friday for World Finals in April. So it would be a little more inconvenient for the family to try to come in the middle of a week. We will play on saturday at 1:48 and sunday at some point (we won't know what time until saturday night).