We had another fantastic day of Spring Break here. It was rainy and chilly today and that added up to a great pajama day. It wasn't what I had originally planned but it was sooooo needed. The 4 of us piled onto the couch, cuddled up and watched T.V. Animal Planet and Discovery Kids were our friends today. There is nothing quite like having 3 sweet kids fighting over who gets the coveted spot beside Mommy. Isaac even sat on my lap for a bit. I relished every single second of it!! They grow so fast and all too soon they won't want to be anywhere near me. Isaac doesn't believe me when I tell him that before he knows it, he'll be embarrassed to be seen in public with me. We laughed and played silly word games and had the best time ever.
We all agreed to turn the computer and phone off and to just hang together. When Maia's little friend came knocking on the door and Maia said "no way" I knew we needed a day just like this. To reconnect!
Isaac has a new found interest in cooking so he helped out with dinner. Andy had a late night at work tonight so we went ahead and ate without him. Isaac stepped right up and took his daddy's place at the head of the table very seriously. He poured drinks while I dished up food. When Asher spilled his whole cup of milk all over himself and the table, Maia and I quickly set to work cleaning it up. Isaac quietly led Asher away and helped him get his clothes changed. I could hear Isaac whispering to Ash that everything would be fine and that he himself had spilled his drink many many times. When all was said and done Isaac helped me clean up the table. All was done with a happy heart and more importantly without me asking him to do ANY of it. It was all of his own initiative.
Anybody that knows us knows that Isaac took this move very very hard. He has been an unhappy angry little boy for these past 8 mos. I am happy to report that we have finally seen a breakthrough with our boy this past week. He is finally laughing and smiling and joking again! He has his spark back and it does my mommy heart good. He is gearing up for baseball season to start. He has a group of friends at school that he plays Army with. He is getting more and more excited for church each week.
The only tragedy of the day is that my American Idol didn't get DVR'd. I have had a nasty headache and went to bed...not realizing there was a recording conflict:( Which means I'll have to watch the whole boring elimination show, which I usually fast forward through!
So much change!
1 month ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment