CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

TRAUMATIZED

This hasn't exactly been my week. Animal wise anyways. Shiloh started eating herself again. We woke up Tuesday morning and she had eaten a huge chunk of the fur off her hindquarters completely off. It is so disgusting when she does this. There is something here that she is really allergic to and nothing works to control her itching and biting except when the vet gives her cortisone shots. So into the vet we went. They shaved her a bit so they could clean up her "hot spots". This is what she looks like now:


She has a crooked mohawk!! We had a repair guy here yesterday and the first thing he asked is "what the H*ll happened to your dog?". I had to tell him to watch his language of course:)

Why was a repairman here you may be wondering. Well the same day Shiloh self mutilated herself I noticed we had a leak under the kitchen sink. When I went to investigate the leak I found what looked like mouse poop under there!! I promptly ran into the living room as fast as I could and decided to let Andy deal with the leak and whatever else was lurking under my sink. I'm gonna say it again...I DON'T do rodents.


Andy came home and confirmed that yesiree we have a mouse. A mouse that chewed a hole in the rubber tubing that our water filter uses. I told Andy that if he didn't buy traps immediately the kids and I would be leaving...for good!! He loves us so he went and bought traps right away. I strongly suggested those little box traps that you can lure unsuspecting rodents into and then they just never come out of. Do you think this is what my husband brought home? No!! In an effort to save money he bought handy dandy snap traps. I was very skeptical but he assured me all would be well. And all was well at first. Yesterday morning Andy got up and his little trap had caught a mouse. He said there was no blood and he disposed of it before any of the rest of us were awake.

This morning was a different story!! The kids and I woke up to the sounds of VERY loud squeaks. When I checked under the sink our trap had indeed snapped up another mouse. By the PAW!! It was awful. There was mousy blood everywhere and the poor little mouse was struggling to get out of his death lair. All 3 of the kids were sobbing. I was queasy. Isaac was begging me to let him rescue the mouse. You know I gave in and told him he could. He made an attempt but in the end the Mr. Mouse was still stuck and we were late for school. They prayed for Mr. Mouses life all the way to school. I promised them that I would come home and rescue the mouse. It was the only way to get them out of the car and into the school building. As soon as I got home I mustered up the courage to scoop up the mouse and "rescue" him from his spot under our sink!! I called the school and asked them to give messages to the kids that Mr. Mousy was saved. What I didn't tell them is that I put him in a plastic bag and threw him in the big garbage can outside!! Now Asher and I are off to buy the box traps...they're worth a few extra bucks!!

2 comments:

Anonymous

Why don't I have any great stories like that?! Poor Mr Mouse!!!
It is funny that I should read this today b/c last night Dan and I inherited a rat. A pet rat that is gray and very cute! I know you are probably gagging after the encounter w/ the mouse but I assure this rat is adorable!
Keep posting your amusing stories - I love reading them!
Love ya'll
Ashley

Anonymous

can you say OOOOHhhhhhhhhhh! yuck! i am so there with you lori!! rodents are freaky.. :) but the story is stinkin' hysterical! :]