I think Spring may have sprung!!! It has been a long cold Winter and my family has desperately been needing this bit of sunshine we've seen for the last couple of days. We've been playing outside a lot. Asher is definitely an outdoors kinda guy. He just can't get enough of it. Last night Andy cleaned out both sides of the garage!! We started talking about landscaping and fixing up our patio area. I think we are going to plant purples, pinks and orange hues this year. I love it when my outside is full of pretty bushes and flowers!!!! I just have a hard time keeping them alive. I think we may do honeysuckle or a butterfly or hummingbird bush beside our porch. We'll see.
Isaac had his first scrimage on Sunday. It went really well!!! He made some great plays and his coaches were impressed with him. I can't figure out when he got so big? Wasn't it just last week that we were celebrating being pregnant? Wasn't it just yesterday that I cradled him in my arms and proudly introduced him to all our friends and family? I remember with bright and vivid clarity the weight of his tiny self in my arms. The feel of his soft baby hair and the smell of his skin. I can remember conversations that I had with him 6 years ago just like they happened moments ago. I can't believe he is almost 9. He can't believe it either!! He is the only kid I know who isn't in a hurry to grow up. He knows how good he has it here. He is wise beyond his years!!But he IS growing up. I am so proud of the way he is remaining true to who he is and to what we have taught him. Last night he asked to sleep with me. I can't even remember the last time he made this particular request. I said yes because let's face it he may never ask again. We laid there and he poured his heart out to me. This doesn't happen often...usually I have to pry all information out of him. He talked about being made fun of because of who he chooses to be friends with. He picks the kids who have nothing. The kids from messed up homes. The kids with physical and mental disabilities. For some kids he is their only friend. He doesn't see who they aren't, he sees who they are and who they can be. He loves them like Jesus! I'm sure it hurts him to be called names but he makes the choice to not give in to peer pressure. He stays true to himself and his Lord. I am so proud of him!! At the end of our talk he revealed to me that he helped a boy ask Jesus into his heart. He explained that the boy is 11, almost a teenager. Isaac thinks that teenagers are just about the worst creatures out there.LOL The boy has a pretty yucky home life. Isaac is friends with his younger brother. Isaac was talking about Jesus and this boy started asking questions. Isaac gave him the Gospel and the boy asked Isaac to pray with him. Did the boy really get it? I don't know. What I do know is that my little guy is NOT afraid to stand up for his faith! Now I'm not saying my boy is perfect. He has flaws just like all of us. He doesn't like to take responsibilty for his actions, he throws an all out fit when he doesn't get his own way and he tries to use manipulation to get his own way. But all in all I'm pretty impressed with the person he is turning out to be.
Maia has an ortho appt today. She is hoping to get rid of her cast. She is so sick of it. Andy is taking her to the appt on his own. They needed a daddy/daughter day:)I'm hoping he comes back with all the info I need to know!
So much change!
1 month ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment