CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I won a contest!!!!

It's true!! Never in a million years did I think I would win. All the entries were really beautiful. Anyways here is the winning layout. It was a challenge....so the host of the contest gave us guidelines of what we could and couldn't use. In the end they judges couldn't choose between mine and another lady's(which was beautiful) so we sort of tied for first I guess!!



This Lady was a great grandmother.
This Lady prayed for me
This Lady loved yard sales
This Lady was a survivor
This Lady was a mother
This lady NEVER matched her clothes
This Lady was a true hillbilly
This Lady bought me my first Bible
This Lady worked in a TB hospital
This Lady cooked fried potatoes Every day
This Lady was a great great grandmother
This lady loved polyester pants
This Lady gave “original” gifts
This Lady let me play her electric organ
This Lady had a reclining pink chaise lounge
This Lady had Alzheimer’s
This Lady loved Jesus
This Lady loved ME

And I loved her. This is the last picture
Taken of me and my great grandma where I’m
Sure she still knows who I am. We had all gone out to
Lunch …me, my mom, all her Sisters and grandma
Judy. Poor Andy was the only man there.
Someone decided to randomly take this picture. I
Never would’ve guessed that Alzheimer’s would so cruelly
Take away her memory of me. It happened so fast. On this
Day we sat and talked about what we were going to order
And how great the food was. If I’d only known how very
Soon her memory of me would fade I would’ve talked
About the important things in life. I would’ve apologized
For taking her for granted. For getting so caught up in
My own young life that I forgot about her. Then she forgot
About me and I could never get that time back. A big thank
You to whoever took this photo. One random shot means so
Much to me.

3 comments:

secret sister

Very nice; I like the colors! Did you win a prize? If so, what did you win? Please post...

maila

Wow, you are super fast!!! I didn't even have the jouranling up yet!! Which truth be told I think is what may have won it for me. I do win a small prize. I will let you know what when I recieve it!
Lori

sue

that is beautiful, lori. it makes me sad, i lost my grandma to alzeimers also and she didn't know us for a very long time...thank you for sharing this.. she sounds like a great lady..