Okay I admit it. I'm just a tad (okay a lot) OCD. I really like for my house to be clean and clutter free. Everything has a place and when it is not in it's place I tend to freak out just a little. It is extremely hard to acheive this ultra cleanliness standard with 5 people shoved into a tiny 2 bedroom house. This week has been even more difficult with everything that has been going on around here. I did a pretty good job picking up on Monday night and have therefore been on everyone's case about keeping everything put away. Last night on my way to bed I noticed a water filled container balancing precariously on the edge of my bathtub. Isaac was the last one in the tub so I automatically assume this is his mess. Upon closer inspection I notice a fistful of star wars lego men drowning in this container. Why? I have no idea. My first impulse was to get really frustrated that I have been working so hard to keep things tidy and Isaac just carelessly left his things lying around. The more I stared at these poor little Lego men the sillier the situation became. Why was Isaac drowning his men? I don't know why, but what I did realize is that my little man is almost 9... sometime in the not too distant future he won't be playing with Lego men anymore. He won't be cuddling with me during movie night or rushing home from school to tell me all about his day. As I laid in bed falling asleep I realized just how grateful I am to have Star Wars men, Barbies and Fire Peoples to clean up each and every day because someday I will have the perfectly clean showroom quality house that I so deperately desire. And by then I'll realize that that dream is not all it's cracked up to be. I'll be missing all the clutter and chaos that comes with raising three great kids. I decided that first thing in the morning I would take a picture of the doomed legos so I could always remember my revelation of how great it is to have a family to clean up after. First thing in the morning I went back to the scene of the crime but the lego men were missing. Did Isaac realize his infraction and clean it up himself? I must say I was pretty proud of him but a little disappointed that I didn't get my picture.
This is what I found later in the day as I was preparing to make lunch:
Yeppers that is the inside of my freezer. Not only are the men drowned they are also frozen. I'm sure there is perfectly logical explanation!!!! As for me, I'm just going bask in all my kids delightful inventions and discoveries. And then I'm going to make them clean up their mess.
On a side note, Maia went back to school today. Her class missed her terribly and were very excited to have her back. Mrs. Bok made her a bracelet, they picked out a book for her from the book fair and the whole class walked like robots all day in her honor. She is all sprawled out on the couch now-fighting sleep. I think she is losing and sleep is winning. Asher was more than a little pleased to have the morning all to himself. We exercised, drew pictures and played fire peoples.




0 comments:
Post a Comment