Here is Isaac's classroom.

Isaac winning his end of year award!! If you listen closely in the video you can hear me say "that's Isaac" before the teacher even says who the award is for. The other mom then laughs and says how funny it is we can pick out our own kids traits. Hint...you will need to go to the left hand side bar to the music player and pause it. That way you can actually hear the video!! Isaac's award was "Most Inquisitive" earned for his many many many questions!!!! With Isaac one question always leads to another. And he always looks at you like he doesn't quite believe your answer!! That last tidbit was added by me...not his teacher.
Isaac with his teacher Mrs.B
Isaac and his friend Hanad hamming it up. If you look at Isaac's shirt closely you can see that he had his friends sign their names on it. He actually wore his Dover shirt to school that day. He called home in the morning to ask me if it was okay if his friends signed the Dover shirt. I said no because a) I knew he would regret it later and b) I thought it would be weird for all of his friends from his new school to sign his shirt from his old school. So Asher and I quickly brought a new shirt to the school that kids could sign. At the party Ian let the cat out of the bag that the Dover shirt did have a few signatures on it before someone thought to call home and ask if it was okay!!
Isaac recieved the highest scores he could possibly get on his report card and he was very excited to learn that he made the news team for next year. The kids that were interested in being on the news team had to fill out some papers and do a small essay on why they thought the team was important. Apparently Isaac's answers were good because he was one of the few picked!! Of course this totally puts a wrench in my plans for next year!
Maia's end of year celebration had me in tears!! I wish I would of thought to take video before her actual award so I could show you all the cute songs they performed. But I did get the award!!
Not sure why the video is sideways but I can't get it to turn the proper way. sorry. Maia's teacher wrote a specific poem for each child in her classroom and presented them with their awards at their celebration. Maia's poem reads
The important thing about
Maia is that she always gives 100%
in everything she does, and she
is always willing to lend a helping hand.
It is true that she has a laugh that
can be heard a mile away.
She has a smile that lights up her
face, and she has a warm heart too.
But, the important thing about
Maia is that she always gives 100%
in everything she does, and she
is always willing to lend a help hand.
Mrs S. reading a book about how everyone is important. Notice the duckis in the background. Maia's class helped raise money to feed the baby ducks. They waited patiently for the baby ducks to hatch and then watched them grow.

Singing and dancing in the courtyard with our friends.


Claire and Alyssa
Maia and Natalie

Maia said her teacher has been crying all week because she will miss this class so much. She even planned a picnic for the end of June for all her students because she can't make it through the Summer without seeing them!

Maia has had a fantastic year of growth! she is loved by all in her class except maybe Yahir!! He has tormented my girl from the start!! Maia received the top possible scores she could have and most importantly did HER very best!! We are so proud of her!!
At the end of the night I took the kids to Toys R Us and bought Animal Crossing for our Wii. Then I let them stay up until midnight playing. And I may or may not have made my own character and set up my own house!! We will definitely be having fun with this game.
Summer can't be ALL fun though so we headed to Half Price books where I picked up some workbooks for the kids. We will be learning about History and President's and the States. Plus we will be reading lots and lots. I'll probably be sneaky and throw in some language arts and math as well :)




1 comments:
I'm very proud of you guys and I miss you a bunch
Post a Comment