CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm Back!!

Wow...my poor little blog has taken a backseat lately!! We have been so busy wrapping up the school year and with the kids extra-curricular activites and visiting with family over the holiday that I have totally neglected updates here. Plus I will admit that I have a teeny tiny little addiction to Farmtown and I have been spending lots of time there:)

I have spent the last few weeks getting our house organized and put together as well. We still have a long way to go but there are some rooms that I'm pretty happy with:
Our Bedroom. Remember I don't have a lot of money to work with here. So I had to "shop" my house! See that cute little square table by my side of the bed? I have been wanting a table there since we moved in last year. But I can't afford to be going and buying a bunch of furniture. I had to put my thinking cap on for this problem. I remembered that we had a metal filing cabinet in the basement and the wheels started turning! It was exactly what I needed! Add a little fabric and voila...a bedside table. The upside is all my important papers are within easy reach now:) Since this picture was taken I also added a comfy rocking chair that I stole from my front room to the left of my new "table". Perfect spot for reading a good book!!I did spend 32.50 on the sweet little lamps. This house has no overhead lighting and we were in desperate need of some. I love the lamps and Big Lots...they were well worth the price.


I made this wreath for our front door but inspiration struck and it worked out perfect in the bedroom. I had an unused frame laying around that I stuck some unused fabric in and added the letter C for an accent. LOVE IT :)







The swag was snatched from above our fireplace.

Asher keeps filling the birdhouse with pine cones from the yard. Can you see them in there?My Bathroom: Notice how I said my bathroom and not our bathroom?

I desperately need color in this bland house. I am renting and can't paint. And we all know I like to paint. Well maybe not the act of painting itself but more the end result! I remembered that I had made the frame above the towels quite awhile ago and it was just laying around somewhere. That frame gave me my starting point. I also had cheap dollar store picture frames and some leftover black spray paint...add some scrapbook paper and you have instant style. Isn't the butterfly cute? By the way-I meant to hang them uneven like that! Really I did.Like the old Avon candlesticks? My great grandma used to sell Avon and these candlesticks came from her. They matched the butterfly that I cut out from my Cricut perfectly. Still need to get some candles. And if I ever need some old perfume all I need to do is unscrew the tops of the candlesticks. Yep they are candlesticks/perfume bottles. Dual purpose I guess? Not sure you should be lighting up flames near a flammable based perfume but whatever. Like my yellow towel up there with the green ones? It's a napkin! Some of you may recognize it from our old dining room:) Hey whatever works right?Here is a closer picture of the original frame.

I have a couple of other cute pieces in here as well but I figure ya'll don't wanna spend all day looking at my bathroom!!

1 comments:

Anonymous

I really like that fabric frame you made. Did you just tie the pieces on it? What kind of frame is that?

let me know how ya did it!
luv,
Tracy