I haven't been posting much lately but I have been crafting. I altered these paint cans for the kids teachers in honor of National Teacher Appreciation Week. They had tags attached that said " thanks for making me a smartie" and we filled them up with smarties!! I thought they were pretty cute. I also made a 20 page album for my Aunt Jackie and filled it with her vacation pictures. She sent the pictures over in the first place so I could make her a movie out of them. Figured I had access to the pics I may as well make her a book. We also 
altered one of Asher's reading books. It seems a lot of the "firepeoples" books are going politically correct on us. It's hard to find one that has a boy for the main character. So we just changed the girl into Asher. Everyone in the house loves the new book. You can hear giggles throughout the whole house w
hen someone is reading it. I'll share pictures soon but it's still a work in progress!! I've also been spending some time working on the kids albums. I'm posting those pictures on my scrappy chic blog. Check them out!
It was another successful grandparents day at school this year. Paw Paw got a free show and Noni learned that Isaac's teacher really loves him. I was thrilled to hear this last bit as who doesn't want other people to love their kids. Seriously, I think Isaac is hard to warm up to at first but once people really get to know him they figure out just how amazing he really is. Wow talk about a run on sentence.... My point is at the beginning of every school year I always worry if Isaac and his new teacher will click....it makes me very happy when they do.
Asher says I know A LOT! The kid must know everything. I was trying to figure why he says it ALL the time.....then I realized I say it all the time. Sort of mindlessly. The funny thing is when Isaac was very little he used to say okay all the time. Sort of under his breath when he was moving from one task to another. Like checking off a to do list in his brain. I couldn't figure out for the life of me where he picked this up from. Until one fine day I caught myself doing it. It's one of my little quirks I didn't even know I possessed until my boy pointed it out.
What I'm reading: Do Hard Things. This book is so good. It was written by twin teenage brother's for teenager's. This book will be a must read for my kids when they hit 12 or 13. Definitely mandatory reading for them someday.
What I'm listening to: Lifehouse's No Name Face. I love this CD. It so totally fits where I am at in my life right now at this very moment.
Need to sign off for now....my family is pampering me.




0 comments:
Post a Comment